EFR’s West Des Moines Counseling office is seeking an Intake Specialist who will provide quality customer service and administrative support services to counseling customers of EFR.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Telephonic client case coordination and follow up for clients receiving assessment services through SAS and subsequently referred to substance abuse treatment—using Spanish when appropriate (50%):
- Greet and assist clients with initial paperwork
- Answer phone calls and provide general assistance to counseling clients
- Complete initial intakes by phone and schedule clients
- Provide consistent and effective communication with counselors and prepare daily schedules
- Manage collection of payments and security of money box and receipt book. Track and reconcile payments and invoices.
- Check eligibility according to insurance schedules
- Assist in accreditation and compliance activities
- Ensure necessary data entry is completed within a timely fashion
- Open and close office Monday- Friday
- Maintain organization and professional presentation of front desk area and client waiting room.
- Be a positive and productive member of the Counseling Team
- Compliance with all applicable EFR policies and procedures including privacy and security
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor or other administrative personnel
- Serve as a role model by representing the values of Employee & Family Resources
- Continuous development of cultural competence
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of clerical and secretarial experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Outlook
- High ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads
- High level of written and spoken English capabilities