SPF Rx* Coordinator – Polk County
EFR’s Prevention team is growing, be part of the solution! (30 hours/week – full time benefits!)
EFR is adding a SPF Rx* Coordinator- Polk County (*Strategic Prevention Framework for Prescription Drugs) who will conduct a comprehensive community assessment regarding prescription opioid abuse, develop a work plan, and implement effective work plan activities to prevent prescription opioid misuse and abuse.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering 50% direct service hours to conduct assessment develop work plan and implement prevention strategies. (35%)
- Strategically balance substance abuse prevention efforts using the following strategies: Information Dissemination, Education, Environmental Strategy, Alternatives, Community
- Based Process, and Problem Identification and Referral. (25%)
- Externally collaborates with community stakeholders to assess and address opioid prescription misuse and abuse. Internally contributes to a positive and productive prevention team atmosphere. (25%)
- Responsible for accurately tracking and reporting data and outcomes for funders by completing time reports to meet deadlines. (10%)
- Compliance with all applicable EFR policies and procedures including privacy and security
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor or other administrative personnel
- Serve as a role model by representing the values of Employee & Family Resources
- Continuous development of cultural competence
- Bachelor degree in education, human services, or related field from an accredited college or university, or related work experience. Three (3) years’ experience in substance abuse prevention preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of human development concepts and applications
- Computer literacy
- Efficient time management
- Great attention to detail and preparation
- Self-motivated team player
- Proficient public speaker with effective relationship-building skills
- Prevention Specialist certification from the Iowa Board of Certification preferred
- Extensive travel within Polk County required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.